Home | Techie Talk | Story Time | About | Contact

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Million Dollar Smile!!!!


 
 
This morning went to the Shell Gas Station (Assuming people from US might read my blog He..He..) on the Tambaram - Velacherry Road to fill some petrol for my bike.

I really like the way the poeple at Shell serve the customers - first they salute the customers, then politely fill the petrol and finally wishing us a happy journey. Moreover, to my knowledge, they are the only gas station in Chennai who provide bills for the amount paid/filled.


As usual the young man wished me and filled the tank for the amount, I had asked him. When I was about to leave, I told him that their service is very good.

I never thought such few words of appreciation would make him so excited. He said "Thank you.. Thank you.. Thank you.." with a lovely cute smile on his face. I really dont know the english words to explain his smile.

No money could get such a sweet smile and excitement. This is what I feel is the Moment of Pride. He was so happy that his service had made a customer happy.

After all this is what most of us expect from our customer na..

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always admire every thing you meet or see in life.. I like that very much da

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should stop using 'na'.. Coming to Shell... no. I feel their 'hi' 'bye' is very artificial...total crap...

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last reply was posted by Venkat.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Prathees R said...

Venkat:

Accepted. Let me try to avoid using the word "na" frequently [;)]

About the Shell:
Nanba it might appear artificial - but for sure this is a welcome change. Be frank, have you ever had such friendly treatment in any other bunks near Tambaram? (I dont know about the bunks in the City.)

cheers,
Vetty Officer.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i appreciate tht u told em thanks..
here in US tht is very common and even thouh it may sound artificial it does brighten up a day to someone somewhere..
u may never kno..
and I never comment on blogs even though i read so many..
ur post made me smile :)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Prathees R said...

Dear Guest..

Very true, such sweet words really make the day better

and Thanks for your comments - so I have a reader from US [;-)]

cheers,
Vetty Officer.

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give a smile to someone passing by, it might greet u in the evening wen ur own heart is sad...thats the policy behind it....tho artificial, we dont lose anything by a plastic smile, who knows, they may be gaining...bhuvana

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home